The rogue matatu driver who was filmed harassing a fellow motorist has been set free on a cash bail of 90,00 Kenya shillings.
Fredrick Owino, the matatu driver of the Mataara Sacco vehicle registration number KCK 114P was recorded in a video by the female road user he was bullying.
In the video that trended online, the rogue driver was heard saying: “Wewe nipige video haina shida” to which the lady responded: “Utaona, tusi yote.”
The man then went ahead to break the woman’s side mirror while chanting “sitagharamia.” Feeling helpless, the lady responded “Gonga tu, pasua!”
The daring Fredrick Owino then drove slightly ahead of the helpless woman and smashed her windscreen before driving off as he chanted “sitagharamia, umbwa!”
In what seemed to have annoyed many Kenyans, the calls for his arrested filled the social media which saw the police arrest him on Saturday, February 27 after the lady reported to the police station.
- Daylight Night Running? Kisii Musician Embarambamba Accused Of Weird Behavior By Some Kenyans
- Ruto Blames His Own Government For Overborrowing Loans Without A Plan
- Four Kirinyaga Pupils Arrested While Smoking Several Rolls Of Bhang
- Confusion In Thirdway Alliance As Lawyers Differ Over The BBI Case
- Nairobi Housegirl Charged For Sexually Defiling A 13 Year Old Boy For 8 Months
The Mataara sacco rogue driver was then presented to the Makadara Law Courts on Monday where he was charged with traffic offense and malicious damage to property.
However, Fredrick Owino pleaded not guilty to the two criminal charges and was released on a cash bail.