Manchester United return to Premier League action hoping to pick off where they left off as they host West Brom at Old Trafford.
United faced Everton in their last game before the international break, with Ole Gunnar under heavy pressure following a poor run of form.
The Red Devils went a goal down at Goodison Park, but fought back to win 3-1 and potentially save Solskjaer’s job in the process.
But the problem with this United side is consistency: getting results against struggles sides like Slaven Bilic’s West Brom has been a big problem and this game could be more tricky than it looks on paper
This is exactly the sort of game you’d expect United to struggle in – especially if Solskjaer deploys two holding midfielders and West Brom sit deep. Still, the hosts’ pressure should tell, and it’s no surprise to see United collect three points – possibly off another Bruno Fernandes penalty.
Manchester United are optimistic that Marcus Rashford will be fit to return from a shoulder injury.
Alex Telles could be available, but Victor Lindelof’s ongoing back problem and Mason Greenwood’s recent illness puts their involvement in doubt.
West Brom had a number of unnamed squad members test positive for coronavirus during the international break.
However, Branislav Ivanovic, Matheus Pereira and Callum Robinson can play after completing their self-isolation.
- Manchester United could lose consecutive league matches against West Brom for the first time since December 1980.
- The Baggies have won three of their past five league games at Old Trafford, having won just once on their previous 31 league visits.
- West Brom can become the first club to keep three successive top-flight away clean sheets against Manchester United since Arsenal between 1980 and 1982.
- United have won all three Premier League away fixtures this season but have only taken one point from their four home league matches.
- They have only twice failed to win any of their opening five home league games – in the 1930-31 and 1972-73 seasons.
- Manchester United are winless in six top-flight home matches since beating Bournemouth on 4 July. Their run could extend to seven games for the first time since February to March 1978.
- The Red Devils are looking to avoid equalling the club top-flight record of failing to score in three consecutive home matches. They have done this on 13 occasions, but only once in the Premier League – back in March to May 2002.
- Manchester United Came From Two Goals Down To Maintain Their Unbeaten Women’s Super League Start
- Manchester United vs Arsenal: Team news, match facts and prediction
- Ole Gunnar praises two Manchester United players after win at Brighton
- Manchester United vs Tottenham: Team news, match facts and prediction
West Bromwich Albion
- West Brom are winless in 12 league fixtures since a 2-0 home triumph against Derby in the Championship on 8 July (D6, L6).
- Their run of eight games without a league win at the beginning of this season is second only in their history to the 1985-86 campaign, in which they were winless in their opening 12 league fixtures. They went on to be relegated from the top flight.
- The Baggies have led for 108 minutes in top-flight fixtures this season, which is actually six more than Manchester United have managed.
- They are one of three sides yet to concede in the opening 15 minutes of their Premier League games so far, along with Arsenal and Aston Villa.