The emergency services officials announced that thirty people were wounded as more than 20 others were killed following a car suicide bomb outside one restaurant near Mogadishu, the capital of Somalia.
According to witnesses and state owned media reports, the huge blast at the Luul Yemeni restaurant near the port sent plumes of smoke into the sky, triggering gunfire.
“So far we have carried 20 dead people and 30 injured from the blast scene,” Dr. Abdulkadir Aden, founder of AAMIN Ambulance services told Reuters.
“A speeding car exploded at Luul Yemeni restaurant. I was going to the restaurant but ran back when the blast shook and covered the area with smoke,” resident Ahmed Abdullahi, who lives near the site, told Reuters.
In the meantime, the state-controlled Radio Mogadishu reported that the police cordoned off the area which was marred by destruction of a number of properties.
However, until now, no militia group has claimed responsibility for the blast.
- Hospital Pictures Of Sick And Suffering Mike Sonko Trend Online
- Babu Owino Lectures Joho, Tells Him To Shelve His Presidential Ambitions And Support Raila
- Man Cons Former Female Classmate Sh.297,000 After Meeting In A Matatu
- “I Spent All My Salary Eating Mtura Meat And Still Slept Hungry”-Lady Confesses
- Daylight Night Running? Kisii Musician Embarambamba Accused Of Weird Behavior By Some Kenyans
On several occasions, the Al-Shabaab has been carrying out ruthless attacks laced with bombings of Somalia and other parts of the region.
This attack is one of those campaigns aimed at toppling the central government at the Horn Africa’s country so that it establishes its own rules as per strict interpretation and understanding of the Islamic sharia law.
RELATED STORY: Three Killed By “Abandoned Bomb” In Ethiopia’s Addis Ababa